DSM is looking for an experienced Toxicologist. For the full description and application please follow this link:
A summary from the vacancy description:
We are seeking an outstanding, highly motivated and hardworking Senior Toxicologist to join our Toxicology & Kinetics (T&K) team in Kaiseraugst, Switzerland.
You will be a key contributor to aid the selection of new DSM products in a diverse range of substances such as industrial chemicals, food/feed additives, cosmetic ingredients, and dietary supplements. You will be responsible for optimal design and execution of safety testing strategies from candidate selection to the registration. You will represent T&K in project teams and collaborate closely with other R&D areas and affiliated regulatory functions. You will identify potential toxicity-related hurdles to candidates development, design contingency plans and communicate solutions. You will integrate knowledge and lead comprehensive investigations of all tox-related activities including strategic planning, designing of studies and data integration into phase transition and regulatory documents.
Your mission is to
- Collect and evaluate pre-clinical safety data involving tox databases and digital tools (QSARs) and perform data gap analysis.
- Design and execute pre-clinical testing strategies by placing and monitoring studies at CROs in line with regulatory requirements.
- Conduct risk assessments based on the estimated exposure calculations, derive reference doses such as ADI, OELs, DNELs and contribute to safety dossiers for regulatory submissions (US GRAS, FAP, and NDI filings, EU Novel Food applications).
- Represent DSM in meetings with global regulatory authorities, customers, in internal and external scientific committees, and registration consortia.
- Support project teams, regulatory affairs management, product management, marketing, and product stewardship in topics related to toxicology.
- Scout and pioneer new paradigms and technologies in close collaboration with internal and external partners.
- This role is a senior role within the team and will therefore have the responsibility and expectation to help develop and mentor the team around them.
What experience are we looking for?
- 10+ years’ experience in international business or regulatory agencies, preferably in the food/feed area, if this is not the case it will need to be a related area e.g. cosmetics.
- You will need to have a PhD degree in life science, toxicology and/or related academic education.
- You will have a certification as a toxicologist (ERT and/or DABT).
What attributes do you need?
- This is a busy and an integral role in the business, this means you will need to be comfortable and experienced in managing multiple projects at once
- You will need to have strong analytical skills, and be able to operate at all levels and with multiple stakeholders
- You will need the ability to address challenging situations with the ability to approach this with multiple data sets
- Excellent communication skills are vital, you will need to be fluent in English and any other languages would be a benefit.