As a Toxicologist/Scientist, you will become the scientific expert assessing and ensuring the safety of dsm-firmenich products according to the international legislations and regulations. You will represent Toxicology & Kinetics in international cross-functional teams and contribute to the dsm-firmenich innovation strategy by supporting Research & Development projects during the entire project life cycle. The position is located in Delft (The Netherlands) and is part of the global dsm-firmenich Regulatory Affairs Toxicology Group.
At dsm-firmenich, being a force for good is not optional. Diversity, Equity & Inclusion is a shared responsibility woven into our daily work, benefiting to our People, Customers & Communities and driving business value. Equal access to opportunities is a given, belonging is a shared feeling, authenticity is celebrated.
Your key responsibilities:
- Conduct safety evaluations of dsm-firmenich products covering a diverse range of substances and products such as food/feed additives, dietary supplements, industrial chemicals, and perfumery/cosmetic ingredients.
- Propose, design and execute non-/preclinical testing strategies by placing and monitoring studies at CROs in line with regulatory and quality requirements.
- Collect and evaluate non-/preclinical toxicology, kinetics and metabolism data including use of databases and digital/in silico tools and in vitro models. Follow new trends in toxicology, kinetics and next generation risk assessments to strengthen the team´s expertise.
- Derive key toxicology parameters, prepare risk assessments and contribute to safety dossiers for regulatory submissions.
- An open, trusted and flexible work environment that empowers people to take accountability for their work and own the outcome
- A space to grow by encouraging and supporting curiosity and an open mindset
- A culture that prioritizes safety and well-being, both physically and mentally
- Barrier-free communities within our organization where every employee is equally valued and respected – regardless of their background, beliefs, or identity
- A firm belief that working together with our stakeholders and suppliers is the key to achieving great things
- An eagerness to be one team and learn from each other to bring progress to life and create a better future
- Master degree in life science in the area of toxicology, PhD also
- In the process of acquiring and/or maintaining certification as a toxicologist (ERT, European Registered Toxicologist and/or DABT). Expertise in safety assessments of food and food-related products or in pharmacokinetics and/or metabolism is an additional asset.
- More than 3 years of job-related toxicological experience in industry, academia, or regulatory agencies
- Fluent in English with excellent communication and influencing skills
- Excellent and highly collaborative team player
- Highly motivated, open-minded, solution oriented, and well-organized personality with ability to operate in a multinational
dsm-firmenich is fully dedicated to inclusion because when people feel engaged and empowered, their creativity and innovation drives unprecedented progress. We aim to build a workplace where opportunity really is equal, so everyone can thrive. We do not discriminate: (here,) there’s a place for everyone with us.
The application process:
Interested in this position? Please apply on-line by uploading your resume in English via our career portal. For further information, please contact Pauline Tschirhart, Sr Talent Acquisition Business Partner (email@example.com).
dsm-firmenich is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Our people are as diverse as our customers. For us that includes a commitment to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law. We are committed to providing reasonable support for disabled applicants in our recruiting process. Should you need assistance, and are comfortable to share this, please let us know.