For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
We are seeking a Regulatory Affairs Specialist in Agrochemicals/Biocides and (Senior) Regulatory Toxicologist for our Safety Assessment site located in Den Bosch
As regulatory toxicologist you will be responsible for the coordination and compilation of the toxicology sections of dossier for different legal frameworks, which comprises of evaluating and assessing data on toxicokinetic, metabolism and toxicology, deriving human limit values, as well as performing risk assessments.
Being part of the Regulatory Affairs Department, you will combine your scientific expertise with your regulatory know-how on at least one of the legal frameworks agrochemicals and/or biocides. This combination allows you to advise clients on regulatory as well as hazard and risk assessment issues.
You will also coordinate projects in the before mentioned areas and act both as internal as well as external contact person. You work in a team of regulatory affairs experts and regulatory scientists as well as with colleagues from other Charles River departments. The aim is to make best use of your interest, knowledge, capabilities and wishes to grow, enabling best quality of services to our clients and work with colleagues in a (highly) satisfactory way.
• Relevant academic training, focusing on (medical) biology and/or life sciences, toxicology, biochemistry;
• High level of knowledge of the legal frameworks in Agrochemicals and/or Biocides and experience in project management;
• At least 3 years of experience in the preparation of toxicological hazard assessments, derivation of human health limit values and preferably risk assessments;
• Experience in dealing with Competent Authorities is a pre as well as chemistry knowledge
• Good communicative skills, both oral and written (in English);
• A team player with a pro-active, result oriented, enthusiastic, flexible and critical attitude;
• Commercial and strategic thinking.
• A challenging position with a wide variety of tasks and responsibilities in a combination of regulatory and science;
• Working from home is supported;
• The possibility to further develop in your area of expertise;
• Good primary and secondary terms of employment;
• An open culture in a pleasant and informal atmosphere.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 17,000 employees within 90 facilities in 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world. And in 2019, revenue increased to $2.62 billion.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of ~85% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2019.
Wil je solliciteren op deze positie? Stuur dan je CV en motivatiebrief naar firstname.lastname@example.org