The International Congress of Toxicology is a joined meeting of IUTOX and EUROTOX (www.ict2022.com) organized by the Netherlands Society of Toxicology. The theme of the 2022 ICT “Uniting in Toxicology”, reflects our desire to address topics dealing with different disciplines. Submit your scientific proposals via the submission platform making sure to include the organiser details, the recommended speakers, and a brief presentation for the proposal.
GENERAL GUIDELINES FOR SCIENTIFIC PROPOSALS
- Submit your scientific proposals via the submission platform making sure to include the organiser details, the recommended speakers, and a brief presentation for the proposal.
- Proposals will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Scientific excellence of the proposed individual talks and the session overall.
- Relevance of the topic of the Symposium to the overall theme of ICT XVI.
- Balance of the scientific content with respect to the utility and relevance of the information presented for improving human and environmental health in countries with both robust and developing research and regulatory enterprises.
- Speaker diversity with respect to the geographical area represented, gender, and sector (government, industry, academia, other).
- Availability of support for speaker travel to ICT XVI. [This criterion is not a requirement, but a strong encouragement.]
- The Congress Organization strongly encourages interaction between Academia-Industry-Regulators and interdisciplinary approaches (basic research, clinical/epidemiological, regulation) therefore we ask that you make every effort to include speakers from all mentioned organizations.
SPECIFIC GUIDELINES FOR SCIENTIFIC PROPOSALS
Aims to be topical or cutting-edge scientific knowledge exchange with experts in the area presenting data from their research and answering questions from the audience. A Chair and a Co-Chair should be included.
- Should last a total of 120 minutes and have a maximum of 4 speakers setup as a workshop or symposium.
- The first speaker should set the scene for the symposium by explaining briefly the background to the topic before presenting his/her data.
- Presentations should be 25 minutes with 5 minutes for questions for a total of 30 minutes per speaker.
- Proposal for 60 minute round table sessions will also be considered.
CONTINUING EDUCATION COURSE (CEC):
An educational session with 3-4 experts on a particular topic presenting a balanced view of established principles. Proposers/Chairs should ensure they work with individual speakers to achieve balance and prevent topic overlap. Scheduled Sunday, September 18 from either 9h00 to 12h00 or from 13h – 16h00. A full day format including coffee and lunch breaks may be proposed.
Please note: All fields of toxicology are welcome as topics for a CEC, except Regulatory Toxicology and Immunotoxicology.