UCB, Brussels, Belgium (www.ucb.com) is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on the Discovery and development of innovative medicines and solutions to transform the lives of people living with severe diseases of the immune system or of the central nervous system. With more than 8 500 people in about 40 countries, the company generated revenue of € 4.5 billion in 2017. UCB is listed on Euronext Brussels (symbol: UCB)
UCB Brussels is currently seeking an experienced Toxicologist with expertise in Neuroscience therapeutic area (neurodegeneration, neuro-inflammation, epilepsy). You will be responsible for the non-clinical development of small molecule, mAB and new modalities drug candidates. You will provide non-clinical support to global project teams from early research through to FIM, POC and beyond. You will work in a collaborative environment and as a member of interdisciplinary project teams; you will represent the Development Science Department. You will demonstrate high skills in monitoring GLP studies with CRO’s, provide toxicology interpretation and issue resolution; and participate in various toxicology and R&D initiatives or other active cross-functional collaborations. You will also prepare and review regulatory documentation and represent UCB in meetings with regulatory authorities. Ideally, the position will be in Brussels area (Belgium).
The ideal candidate should have a dynamic personality, have a degree related to toxicology (e.g. biomedical science, pharmacology, DVM, or PhD) with at least 10 years of experience in non-clinical development in a multidisciplinary environment (DMPK, clinical pharmacology) with primarily NCEs, however experience with NBEs is also an asset. He/she would have a strong knowledge in Neuroscience therapeutic area (neurodegeneration, neuro-inflammation, epilepsy), have experience of regulatory toxicology and GLP compliance in the pharmaceutical industry.
An experience of new therapeutic modalities such as gene therapy, PROTACs or cell therapy is a strong asset. Due to the nature of the position, you need to consider the following desirable assets:
- Excellent interpersonal skills to facilitate interactions; excellent oral and written English communication skills. Demonstrated technical writing skills.
- Demonstrated problem-solving, strong decision-making, complex problem-solving.
- Demonstrated critical data analysis and interpretation.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a strong collaborative member of diverse teams.
- Open, confident, and persuasive behaviour, succeeding through influence, experience in balancing big picture thinking with detailed analysis, ability to be flexible and to adapt to a changing environment.
To apply please go to www.ucb.com/careers.