The program of the ESTIV2018 conference (15-18 October 2018; Berlin-Germany) is taking shape, and is continuously updated online (http://www.estiv2018.com/programme/scientific-programme/).
The conference will be preceded by 2 free workshops:
• Adverse outcome pathways: an essential tool for in vitro toxicology.
• Good in vitro method practices/good cell culture practice.
The conference will consist of 8 thematic sessions:
• Bio-engineering and stem cell models.
• Disease models and translational toxicology.
• Models, biomarkers and assays for systemic toxicity testing.
• In silico modelling and read-across approaches.
• New developments in inhalation toxicity testing.
• New developments in local toxicity and skin sensitization testing.
• Updates and developments in regulatory toxicology.
• Toxicokinetics and in vitro-in vivo extrapolation.
There will be several special sessions:
• Continuous poster session.
• Keynote lecture.
• Björn Ekwall award ceremony and lecture.
• 2 student sessions (oral presentations and career session).
• 2 project sessions (EuToxRisk and In3).
• 2 lunch sessions (research on alternatives to animal testing and updates from the Japanese society for alternatives to animal experiments).
• 4 general assembly sessions (ESTIV, CAAT-Europe, the German Toxicology Society and the Scandinavian Society for Cell Toxicology).
Submission of abstracts
for oral or poster presentations to any of the 8 thematic sessions is possible until 17 June 2018
). All ESTIV2018 participants will be invited to submit an original research manuscript or review paper to be taken into consideration for the ESTIV2018 proceedings
that will be published in the journal Toxicology In Vitro.